A territorial numerical plan that includes vision and the means that the region give itself to determine how digital tools - including the Internet - may help implement its territorial planning.
By launching such a process, the MRC des Sources ensures to stay proactive with the emergence of ICT in all sectors of society, a reality that is changing rapidly and that is both a challenge for the rural communities and a great opportunity.
Our community has everything needed to become an innovative example of the use of ICT in territorial development, provided that the operation was planned and that it nurtures a commitment from community stakeholders. By enabling a strategic and creative use of ICT, a TNP can:
- provide an additional asset for economic diversification;
- contribute to economic performance;
- contribute to the efficiency and dynamism of organizations;
- contribute to the socio-cultural dynamics;
- contribute to the communication strategy of the MRC;
- contribute to the attractiveness of families, professionals and businesses;
- promote the retention of young people and newcomers;
- stimulate citizen participation;
- implement innovative governance practices;
- encourage continuous learning and knowledge sharing;
- increase the digital literacy of the population; and
- develop leading practices in the use of ICT in rural.